Friday, August 23, 2013

Check-In #13 (End of Summer)

Starting weight: 205 lbs.
Last week's weight: 183 lbs.
This week's weight: 185 lbs.

I am doing this on a Friday evening instead of tomorrow morning. I don't know if the college will have a scale I can use, and we're going to be on the road at 7:30 AM.

185. Oops. How anti-climatic but almost humorous my one bad week is right at the very end - there goes the whole "finishing strong" idea! So what happened? I didn't gorge myself on food, but I guess I didn't do enough physical activity to burn the calories. Totally failed to do any walking bar a few trips to the store or church.

I hereby end my summer of weight loss at 20 pounds. For some reason that doesn't feel like very much. Maybe it's due to seeing all those weight loss programs where people shed pounds like mad. But 20 is still a darn good number, indicative that I lost weight at a healthy rate of about 1.5 pounds a week. My clothes fit a lot better than when the summer began, and I don't have heartburn anymore. My formerly chiseled chin is still hiding, but not to the same degree. So that's something to be happy about.

When I get to college I will try to find a scale and start using that for my weekly check-ins. Perhaps tomorrow I will find one, and record my weight at 8 PM there. Depending on how the scale is calibrated, it might read a little different than the one I have here at home. Until the semester ends, I will use that weight to measure how much I lose. So if I'm 185 right now, and it says something really different, like 188, I will continue at 188. I won't say that I have only lost 17 pounds, though. I probably still lost about 20, but the scale is reading my weight a little differently due to calibration or some such.

As of tomorrow, the real challenge for losing weight begins. You see, most of my classes are in adjacent buildings, so I don't have to walk very far between them. Food is going to be bountifully provided, so I will need to limit that. I also need to make better choices. I have got to find free time to exercise, be it in my dorm building's weight room, or at the recreational center. Plans must be made. Prayers must be made. I have lost 20 pounds. Can I lose more?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this? Keep replies decent and non-insulting. Or I will delete them. ^.^