Saturday, August 3, 2013

Check-In #10 & 22nd Birthday

Starting weight: 205 lbs.
Last week's weight: 187 lbs.
This week's weight: 187 lbs.

Well, at least I didn't gain anything.

I think I need to be careful where I place the scale when I weigh myself. In one spot the scale said 187.0; in a slightly different spot it read 186.2. I'm pretty sure the former spot is the correct one, where I've been weighing myself for the entire ten weeks.

Perhaps the reason I didn't do too well this year is a dietary change I've made. It was an attempt to reduce how much I spend on food, and also so I don't feel like I'm starving in the middle of my work shift. It seems to not be a good move, though. In addition to the obvious lack of weight loss, my stomach also feels oddly upset after work.

I remain a solid 18 pounds below my highest. 47 remain.

Today I celebrate being 22 years old. It was a fairly quiet day. I was supposed to work until 2 PM, but business was slow so my manager had me finish work around 1:15. A little while later my parents and I went to Wal-Mart where I got a new wallet to replace my present one, which is badly damaged, and a card for my Straight Talk cell phone. Then we got lunch from Sonic. I had a foot-long coney. I can see myself getting addicted to those quite easily!

22 is kind of a boring age. I don't see much being important about it. At 18 you're legally an adult. At 20 you're no longer considered a teenager by anyone. At 21 you're allowed to drink. 22... nothing. I guess 22 is sort of the age where you might be seen as an adult through-and-through by most people. Master of your own ship, everything's open to you. There's an aspect of unlimited possibilities that's almost dizzying in that idea. Of course, recently I've been finding that possibilities are a heck of a lot more limited than I might care to admit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this? Keep replies decent and non-insulting. Or I will delete them. ^.^