Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Thousand Dollar Month

Looking at the amount of money I will have to spend for college... wow. My financial aid and all the money I've gotten from working at McDonald's combined do not pay for all of it. The first bill is due on August 20th, and right now I do not have that much money. Don't know if/when financial aid will help with that.

On July 18 I decided I would start trying to get more money through various other means. I'm calling it the Thousand Dollar Month, because I'm going to try and make $1,000 in the next 29 days. Sounds difficult, because it is. I've assembled a list of ways I could do that both with and without a computer. I'm really hesitant about doing, say, house or yard work for people I don't know. But if it gets that desperate I'll go for it.

Already, I've begun trying a few different things to potentially net some income.
  • I'm selling books and other things on Amazon. If you're interested in Star Trek or Garfield, check it out. Most of the books are in the $5.00-$10.00 range.
  • I'm trying to get an advertisement system set up on my blogs. I understand people don't really care for those. The ones I've gotten are text ads, meaning they don't act all flashy and bothersome.
  • YouTube videos. This is a bit more fun to do, because I can play Minecraft and potentially draw an audience. The idea is to produce good content and get a YouTube partnership, where I will get money from people watching ads.
I've been tracking my progress, and it's not been good. In my goal to $1,000, I've actually gone backward because of daily expenses. People paying me back, as well as income from my job, should reverse this issue. But will I reach my goal?

Got anymore ideas for me? Please do let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this? Keep replies decent and non-insulting. Or I will delete them. ^.^